- Futuristic bracelet uses heartbeats as a password—but is it secure? Company pairing a wearer's electrocardiogram with a mobile phone makes a lot of promises. Ars Technica investigates.
- For National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM), Naked Security shares three essential security tasks you can do for your family today.
- CSO Online offers three steps you need to take to avoid overreacting to the bash bug, which are necessary to be effective in the wake of the recent frenzy.
- Bank Info Security reports that 108 different restaurants were recently compromised including Jimmy John's.
- Distributed-denial-of-service attacks that target the Bash flaws known as Shellshock have spiked in recent days CU Info Security says.
And next Thursday, October 9 at The Bank Summit 2014 don't miss Peter Bamber, CISA, CRISC, CISSP, Vice President, Information Security Consulting Services, for Security Management Partners present "Cybersecurity Preparedness and the FFIEC Cybersecurity Intitiative at 10:15 a.m. EDT. Learn more here: http://www.prlog.org/12374657-security-management-partners-to-discuss-cybersecurity-preparedness-at-the-bank-summit-2014.html.