Here's a look at this week's top information security news stories:
- Why contractors' home networks are a security threat via CSO - Explores how an informal poll at Black Hat found that contractors are the favorite target of hackers, followed by IT administrators.
- From Wired's Threat Level blog - A look at recent research that indicates the gyroscopes in your phone could enable apps to eavesdrop on your conversations without your permission.
- Bank Info Security covers recent news that Supervalu has alerted its customers to a potential POS data compromise impacting 180 Supervalu grocery stores.
- Tennessee government employees are being warned about a data breach involving a subcontractor for the state's wellness vendor, Healthways, which resulted in the exposure of sensitive information, read more at Healthcare Info Security.
- A new article from the Collaborista blog indicates that there is a new mole is leaking secret U.S. National Security documents related to a classified database.