- President Obama proposes to spend $14 billion in fiscal year 2016, which starts Oct. 1, to support cybersecurity efforts across the government, including continuous monitoring and intrusion detection initiatives. Read more at Bank Info Security.
- Krebs On Security reports that for the second time in a year, multiple financial institutions are complaining of fraud on customer credit and debit cards that were all recently used at a string of Marriott properties run by hotel franchise firm White Lodging Services Corporation.
- Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler officially proposed tough new rules for Internet lines Wednesday, regulations he said would prohibit wired and wireless broadband providers from “paid prioritization and the blocking and throttling of lawful content and services.” Details at Re / code.
- The FBI is investigating a potentially massive computer hacking attack on Anthem, Inc., one of the nation's largest health insurance companies, a federal official told NBC News late Wednesday. The company confirmed the attack.
- Book2Park.com, an online parking reservation service for airports across the United States, appears to be the latest victim of the hacker gang that stole more than a 100 million credit and debit cards from Target and Home Depot. Full story at Krebs On Security.
- Amnesty's Detekt tool wants to help you thwart government spying - read the full story at ZDNet.
- Learn how splitting a computer into multiple realities can protect you from hackers at WIRED.
- Healthcare Info Security reports that NSA Chief Michael Rogers says damaging cyber-attacks are coming
- IBM researchers have found signs that the prolific Trojan is now being used to attack widely used password managers - more at Dark Reading.
- Financial sector terrorism threat grows as the risk from ISIS continues to increase - details at Bank Info Security.
Originally appeared on PRLog (Sep. 23, 2014)
WHO: Peter Bamber, CISA, CRISC, CISSP, Vice President, Information Security Consulting Services, for Security Management Partners (http://www.smpone.com), a leading, independent information security and assurance firm
WHAT: Will exhibit and present the session, "Cybersecurity Preparedness and the FFIEC Cybersecurity Initiative” at The Bank Summit 2014.
WHEN: The Summit will take place on Thursday, October 9, 2014.
Bamber is scheduled to speak from 10:15 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. EDT.
The Bank Summit 2014
Holiday Inn Boxborough
242 Adams Place
Boxborough, MA 01719
Security Management Partners will also exhibit in Booth No. 610.
Earlier this year, the Federal Financial Institutions Examinations Council (FFIEC) launched a pilot program at more than 500 institutions, to help state and federal regulators assess how these community financial institutions manage cybersecurity preparedness in order to understand and mitigate increasing cyber risks. During The Bank Summit 2014, Peter Bamber, CISA, CRISC, CISSP, Vice President, Information Security Consulting Services, for Security Management Partners will discuss what is being learned from the FFIEC pilot program and provide an update on what financial institutions can do to protect their organizations from the threat of cyber-attacks. Bamber will highlight the aims of the program including risk management, cybersecurity controls, cyber incident management, vendor risk management, service provider oversight and understanding threat intelligence. In addition, Bamber will explain how the program is helping regulators make risk-informed decisions that will enhance the effectiveness of supervisory programs, guidance and examiner training. Session attendees will learn details of the FFIEC pilot program and what these efforts mean for their organization.
IT leaders and finance executives who are interested in learning more about the FFIEC pilot program and cybersecurity preparedness for financial institutions are encouraged to attend this informative session. Conference attendees will also have the opportunity to connect with Security Management Partners at Booth No. 610 during exhibition hours. For more information about The Bank Summit, click here.
WHAT: SMP to exhibit at the Credit Union Association of New York Annual Meeting & Convention.
WHEN: Thursday, June 19 & Friday, June 20, 2014
WHERE: The Saratoga Hilton at City Center - 534 Broadway Saratoga, NY
DETAILS: Security Management Partners will exhibit the latest IT security solutions at the Credit Union Association of New York Annual Meeting & Convention at Booth #19.
WHAT: Will exhibit at the upcoming Maine Bankers Association BANK EXPO 2014 in Booth #37.
WHEN: Thursday, April 10, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET.
WHERE: BANK EXPO 2014, Holiday Inn by the Bay, 88 Spring Street, Portland, Maine
DETAILS: Security Management Partners will exhibit the latest innovative solutions in IT and mobile security for the banking industry at the Maine Bankers Association BANK EXPO 2014. Visit SMP in Booth #37.